When you are busy looking after your family, your dental health can take a backseat. However, women face additional demands on their oral health thanks to hormonal changes, not to mention the effects of pregnancy. Listed below are a few easy tips to fit into anyone’s busy day.
- Water is the best way to remain well hydrated so keep a jug chilling in the fridge. When you are out and about, grab a refillable bottle and sip frequently.
- Keep a toothbrush by the kitchen sink so you remember to brush after meals.
- Keep a travel toothbrush and floss in your car or handbag, so that you can freshen up wherever you are.
- Stock your pantry with tooth-friendly snacks like ready washed fruits and vegetables. Cheese is another excellent snack.
- Consider using a fluoride mouthwash at night, just for a bit more protection. It can strengthen your teeth and reduces the risk of cavities.
- Don’t forget to floss every day because those contact areas in between your teeth account for a third of all tooth surfaces.
Perhaps the easiest tip is to make sure you visit us regularly for your checkups and hygiene appointments so we can help you maintain a healthy smile.