It’s the season for enjoying the festivities and fantastic weather, so follow our handy oral health guide to keep you smiling this Christmas.
- Timing is everything as the longer sugars linger in your mouth, the greater the risk of cavities. If you can, try to brush your teeth more frequently between snacks and meals, preventing sugar and plaque buildup.
- Treat your mouth to a brand-new toothbrush for Christmas. You need to replace your brush every three months or sooner if the bristles look worn or splayed. A fancy new toothbrush also makes a thoughtful gift.
- Don’t forget about flossing because it is crucial for good oral health. Only dental floss can get in between your teeth, removing plaque and food that you can’t reach with a toothbrush.
- Beat the summer heat with plenty of H2O and make sure you remain well hydrated, especially if you enjoy an alcoholic drink or two.
- Use the holidays to catch up on your sleep. Indulge in daytime napping if you have a few too many late nights and parties to attend.
- Moderation might be a dirty word at this time of year, but it’s the best way to keep dental problems at bay. Try to have a healthy meal before a party and match every alcoholic drink with a glass of water.