Veneers are thin porcelain shells cemented onto the front surface of teeth to change their shape, size or colour. They can close or reduce gaps between teeth and generally create a more perfect smile. Before you have this treatment, here are six facts you should know.
- Veneers take time. It usually requires several visits to assess, prepare and fit your custom made veneers to ensure you receive optimal results.
- Treatment is usually irreversible. Our dentist will most likely need to remove some tooth enamel to create enough room for your veneers, so it is a permanent procedure.
- Veneers won’t last forever. No dental restoration will last forever, and veneers are no exception. However, they can last ten years or more with the right care.
- High-quality veneers are not cheap. The materials used to fabricate quality veneers are expensive, and it takes skill and experience to plan, make and fit them correctly.
- Be prepared for some tooth sensitivity after treatment. You may find your teeth and gums initially feel more sensitive to temperature changes in the short term.
- Care for your veneers exactly like real teeth. Properly caring for your veneers will prolong their life.