Celebrate spring with this fresh and tasty recipe.
1kg new potatoes
1tsp za’atar spice
10-12 wild leeks (ramps) or use finely sliced spring onions
2-3 chopped radishes
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
½ cup rinsed French lentils
15 asparagus spears, sliced into pieces
2tbsp olive oil
5tbsp olive oil
1tbsp lemon juice
1tsp grainy mustard
1.5tbsp sherry vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 finely sliced shallot
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and shallot and salt and pepper.
- Slice potatoes in half, put them on a large baking sheet, and toss with 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, and za’atar. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to a boil and add the lentils, simmering for 20 minutes until tender. Drain and place in a bowl, and mix in 2 tablespoons of the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Remove the ramp leaves from the stems and finely chop the ramp leaves and stems.
- When the potatoes are ready, push them to one side and place the asparagus and ramp stems on the baking sheet. Toss the ramps and asparagus with remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper and continue to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Check the seasoning and serve immediately.