Instead of your usual recipe, why not try this citrus-oriented recipe with Cointreau flavoured gravy? It is easy to prepare, leaving you with lots of time to enjoy the day.
1 turkey breast, approximately 3.2kg
4 small navel oranges sliced into 0.5cm pieces
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp orange marmalade
Bay leaves for decoration
50ml Cointreau or Grand Marnier liqueur
1tbsp plain flour
11/2 cups chicken stock
- Prepare turkey breast according to packet instructions and place on wire rack in a large roasting pan with 2 cups of water.
- Microwave marmalade in a microwave-safe bowl for approximately 20 seconds until softened and stir until smooth. Coat the top of the breast with the marmalade.
- Cover the turkey breast with two rows of orange slices, securing them with toothpicks, before covering entire breast with aluminium foil. Cook the breast according to packet instructions, removing from oven 30 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Remove foil from cooked turkey and brush orange slices with olive oil. Cook turkey for another 30 minutes or until done. Place the turkey breast on a serving platter and remove toothpicks, Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Make the gravy with the roasting pan juices over high heat. Add flour and whisk to combine and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and slowly add stock and liqueur, continually whisking until combined. Return to heat and bring to the boil, cooking it until gravy is thickened. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Sieve gravy into a gravy boat and serve with turkey decorated with bay leaves and plenty of seasonal vegetables.