Dental Health Week is in August, so we thought it would be nice to discuss some easy toothbrushing tips. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is an integral part of your oral care routine.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and make sure the head is small enough to reach right to the back of your mouth.
- Make sure you replace your toothbrush every three months, or sooner if it looks worn and the bristles are splayed. A worn toothbrush will not clean your teeth adequately.
- Use good quality fluoride toothpaste and make sure you brush for two minutes each time. If you prefer a manual toothbrush, use a timer to ensure you brush for long enough because it is very easy to overestimate those two minutes.
- When brushing your teeth, hold your toothbrush at a 45° angle so it can reach right down to and just below your gums.
- Use up and down or circular strokes to gently clean your teeth and brush your teeth methodically, including the chewing surfaces. Don’t forget to clean the inner surfaces of your front teeth by tilting your toothbrush vertically and using up-and-down strokes.
Remember that we are here to assist you, and if you’d like practical advice on improving your toothbrushing routine then we’d be delighted to help.